I went to a popular chain in Canada(and maybe the USA?) called Merle Norman to get my nose pierced earlier in the week. The place itself is fine, they do hair nails and piercings, in separate rooms. I got the piercing done and everything went fine, but then when talking about aftercare, the piercer told me NOT to use salt water because it would dry out the piercing and cause irritation and instead she tried to sell me alcohol based “aftercare” garbage. It left me to wonder how someone who is employed to pierce people for a living actually shunned salt water…
Well the people that work in chain businesses like this are pretty much appealing to the lowest common denominator and don’t change their tactics or involve themselves in their client’s piercings.
They are a business devoted to that area of people, whom usually won’t take too much care regardless so they give them the aftercare shit because it’s more money for them and it’s “convenient” for the client.
They’ll tell you to stay away from salt water at those places.
A. because they get less money that way.
B. they’d rather not explain that you should really only be using non iodized salt, let alone to say that it’s a quarter of a teaspoon to a cup and the water should be hot, but not too hot, about the temperature of a perfect cup of coffee really.
If they say salt to one person, they’ll tell their friends who’ll tell their friends and it will degrade down to any “salt” and the wrong levels and temperatures.
Remember that some things sold as salts aren’t even actually salts and can cause a fair bit of damage.
- toethumbs likes this
- arielimpersonator likes this
- chinitaxvx said: shouldn’t have even gotten it done with a gun anyways.
- makeupandminecraft likes this
- slothfingers likes this
- weirdattractive likes this
- s0ftmints likes this
- riseabovedemise said: Oh wow. I got my nose pierced and used a purified salt water spray to clean the piercing and it healed just fine. Just make sure you change it out a month or two later or when you know it’s fully healed or it will give you problems!
- rats-in-the-walls likes this
- psyche-goddess likes this
- kittenloveskush likes this
- lunatitz likes this
- indescriminateomnifarious reblogged this from awfulmodifications and added:
- lisha-like-a-fisha reblogged this from awfulmodifications and added:
- blackcatblackclothes likes this
- zombie-child likes this
- equivocatingfallacy likes this
- cantankerousness said: My piercer, very well known with years of experience, tells me to use warm water and the occasional clean with salt water as it is very drying. But said if it seems irritated to up the use of salt water.
- kalashnikob likes this
- rats-in-the-walls reblogged this from awfulmodifications and added:
- walking-inmy-nightmares likes this
- shamanbizarre reblogged this from awfulmodifications
- issybird likes this
- awfulmodifications posted this